Piazza, Simmons, & Grant
Connecticut Personal Injury Lawyers
When two cars collide head-on, there is a significant chance that it will result in a fatal accident or at least cause devastating injuries. The liable party in this type of accident depends on what caused the crash and some common causes of head-on collisions include:
- Distracted driving – If you see a driver who is moving back and forth in their lane, it is easy to tell they are texting or engaging in another form of distracted driving. In some cases, a driver may swerve out of their lane and across a yellow lane, entering the path of oncoming cars and causing a head-on crash.
- Fatigued driving – Drivers who fall asleep behind the wheel because they are overly fatigued will generally lose complete control of their vehicles and can easily turn the wheel into oncoming traffic.
- Impaired driving – Drunk or drugged drivers often have significantly impaired judgment and sensory abilities. This commonly results in turning the wrong way down a one-way road or highway. In addition, drunk drivers often depart from their lanes and can often cross a yellow line.
- Third party vehicles – In some cases, neither driver involved in the crash is at fault. Instead, a third party may try to make an illegal lane change or engage in dangerous driving that causes one driver to swerve out of the way, causing them to enter the oncoming lanes. In these cases, the third party may not even know they caused the crash.
- Road hazards – Suddenly hitting a pothole or another hazard in the road can cause a driver to lose control and result in a head-on collision. Additionally, if a driver suddenly jerks the wheel to avoid a road hazard, they may also hit another vehicle head-on.
- Vehicle defects – If a tire suddenly blows out or the brakes fail while a vehicle is in motion, the driver can lose control and veer into oncoming traffic.
Contact Our Skilled Car Accident Attorneys in Stamford, CT For Help
Depending on the cause of the crash, the liable party may be another driver, a government entity, or a vehicle manufacturer. At the Law Offices of Piazza, Simmons & Grant, our experienced Stamford auto accident lawyers can determine liability and hold those parties accountable for your losses. Call us today for free at 203-504-5840.